Police arrest two more suspects in Bandung attack
Jakarta (The Jakarta Post) -- The National Police said on Monday that they had arrested two more suspects in relation to an attack that occurred in Bandung at the Pandawa field on Feb. 27.
Police personnel walk out of the Arjuna subdistrict office in Bandung on Feb. 27 after arresting a man who was trying to evade them after a pressure cooker blew up in a nearby park. (Antara/Novrian Arbi)
National Police Spokesperson Boy Rafli Amar said the suspects had been identified as Agus Sujatno alias Abu Muslim alias Abdullah and Soleh alias Abu Furson alias Zalzalat alias Gun Gun. He claimed the suspects helped fund the terror attack and assisted a previously named suspect, Yayat Cahdiyat, in surveying the targets and assembling the bombs. Abdullah is reportedly an electrician at an apartment building in Bandung.
Police say Soleh provided Rp 2 million to fund the attack. Boy said the terrorist attack was retaliation for efforts by the police to combat terrorism.
“The suspects said they targeted the West Java Police headquarters, Cianjur precinct, Buah Batu and Geger Kalong traffic police posts [poslantas],” Boy said at the National Police headquarters.
The suspects have been charged under the Terrorism Law.
The police confiscated one pressure cooker, five 9 volt batteries, a few wires, thermometer, a bag and a number of chemical compounds, including H2O2, 5 liters of bayclin , 30 liters of acetone, 3 floor cleaners, nitric acid, paraffin and 12 kilograms of triaceton triperoxide that has been disposed.
The three potentials include frontrunner and former Minjoo Party chief Moon Jae-in, governor of South Chungcheong province Ahn Hee-jung and mayor of Seongnam city Lee Jae-myung.
Moon and Lee have favored the reopening of the inter-Korean factory park in the DPRK's border town of Kaesong, which the Park government closed following Pyongyang's nuclear test and long-range rocket launch in early 2016.
(Latest Update March 14, 2017)